SFU Childcare Society is a place where: Children are valued for their ability to engage in meaningful work, for their wonder and curiosity, for their unique perspectives, and for their capacity to play and learn. Families are valued for their bonds and traditions, for their commitment to work, home and community, and for their dreams for themselves and for their children. Educators are valued for their vision, for their delight in children, for their skill and knowledge, and for their commitment to families and lifelong advocacy and learning. Our core values of joy, relationships, freedom, exploration and experience, communication, responsibility, accountability and integrity, and respect guide our learning community.
SFU Burnaby Campus Roadway Improvement Project to begin February 11th.
Phase 1 of the project will commence February 11, 2014 and you can expect the following:
1) Gaglardi Way (northbound) will be closed at the main intersection onto campus. All traffic coming to campus will be directed along University Drive East
2) Transit routes and routes to the parking areas on campus will change
3) Drivers can expect delays of 5-10 minutes, transit users 5-30 minutes, depending on where on campus they are heading.
A website providing project information (including a description, video, and maps) is located here:
If you have specific questions about the project you can contact David Agosti at: email@example.com
A big thank-you from SFUCCS!
For more information on our fun SFUCCS Christmas caroling around SFU please check out this video.
A few photos from the 2013 SFUCCS Caroling. Enjoy the Slideshow!
SFUCCS in the news!
Please read this terrific article from one of our ECEBC tour participants… click here.
SFUCCS Endorses the $10 per day Childcare Plan
At the Board meeting on June 18, 2013 a vote was passed to endorse the 10 dollar a day Childcare plan proposed by the Coalition of Childcare Advocates of BC and ECEBC. To read the endorsement letter to ECEBC please click here.
SFU Childcare Society Awards List:
- SFUCCS’s own UniverCity Childcare building has won a 2013 Canada Green Building Award. To read more about the building and view the article in Archdaily click here.
- The Legacy Award from the B.C. government, 2012
- Pat Frouws received The Prime Minister’s Certificate of Excellence in Early Childhood Education